How to use RSS to create a topic from a calendar event
I discovered this is possible in a fashion using RSS
Although basic, this does work.

1 > Start with the calendar. (Management > Calendar Manager > Edit Calendar)

2 > Under "RSS Options" , set "RSS: Enable" to YES.

3> Set "RSS: Forthcoming Days" to the SAME as you have set for displaying on the board view (Tools + Settings > Calendar + Birthdays) "Show forthcoming events from today to [x] days ahead" ... This is important these two match. In my case i have them set both at 14 days.

3 > Back to the calendar settings again and set "RSS: Update Frequency" to 1440 (1 day)

4 > Next set "Permission: Read Events" to make sure Guests can view events. This is needed for the exporter to work properly.

5 > Go back to the main calendar management screen and click on the options to rebuild the calendars RSS export.

6 > Visit your boards index page and click on the orange RSS icon. View the RSS and save the URL for later. This will be something like
Code: 
http://www.board*********forum/index.php?act=rssout&type=calendar&id=1
7 > Now visit the RSS import manager. (Management > RSS Management > RSS Import Manager)

8 > Validate your URL feed in the validate box. Make a note of the character set (in my case this was ISO-8859-1)

9 > Next create a new RSS import. Fill in the information putting a description in and the saved URL and character set from earlier. Pick a forum / username for the import etc too.

10 > Leave the "RSS Import Refresh" at 200 as the events will only be exported daily anyway x days in advance. (Depending on what you set) . I also chose to set the "RSS Import Topic Prefix" to "[Calendar] " (note the space afterwards)

11 > Thats it! Be patient and do not run the calendar rss cache or the rss cache tools unnecessarily. It took it 14 days in my case (as thats what the events were set at) to work but it does work ok.

Lease Reviewed by Lease on . [TUT]How to use RSS to create a topic from a calendar event How to use RSS to create a topic from a calendar event I discovered this is possible in a fashion using RSS :) Although basic, this does work. 1 > Start with the calendar. (Management > Calendar Manager > Edit Calendar) 2 > Under "RSS Options" , set "RSS: Enable" to YES. 3> Set "RSS: Forthcoming Days" to the SAME as you have set for displaying on the board view (Tools + Settings > Calendar + Birthdays) "Show forthcoming events from today to days ahead" ... This is important Rating: 5