Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61058 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org

Default Upgrading to vBulletin 4

Most warez forums are vBulletin for what I can see and most of these are vB 3.8x

I know vBulletin 4 was a big let down when it was released and very buggy but the latest 4.0.3 seams a lot more stable now. I'm just wondering why more people aren't upgrading to vBulletin 4. Is it because you don't like it, the mods and styles that are available or just couldn't be bothered or is it the case that you plan to upgrade soon.

I don't run a vBulletin site but I do code vBulletin mods and skins and it's annoying having to code a vB3 and vB4 version. That's why I'm asking.

If your IPB, PHPBB or don't know about vB please don't start flaming
    Mr Happy Reviewed by Mr Happy on . Upgrading to vBulletin 4 Most warez forums are vBulletin for what I can see and most of these are vB 3.8x I know vBulletin 4 was a big let down when it was released and very buggy but the latest 4.0.3 seams a lot more stable now. I'm just wondering why more people aren't upgrading to vBulletin 4. Is it because you don't like it, the mods and styles that are available or just couldn't be bothered or is it the case that you plan to upgrade soon. I don't run a vBulletin site but I do code vBulletin mods and skins Rating: 5
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    IMO they are not enough VB 4.x styles to choose from and thats why a lot of forums still using 3.8.x!

vB4 is really cool now. On my new site I'm using vB4 and I like it. I'll be planning to port my current skin to vB4 and upgrade wX

I used to use vB3 for about 2 years, its fine, however I think vB4.0 looks awesome, but most vB4.0 looks the same. And I think, vB3 has more range of styles than vB4.0 has. And still most of the mods in vBulletin.org are still for vB3.

And somehow, vB4.0 has the iPB looks, I dont know if anyone agrees with me on this one, and vB3 is the most unique one from any other forum scripts. But yeah, I no longer use vB anymore after I sold my license and shut down my site. But still if I was to still use vB script on my forum I'd wait for some time, then upgrade to vB4

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Ok so by the sounds of it it's the styles and mods that are available that's putting people off upgrading unless like in Royal Kings case you have a custom Skin that your plan on converting.
    That's not good news as it could take months for a decent amount of styles and mods to be released.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Vbulletin is just FAIL like Windows Vista.
    It uses more resourse as I have heard so also there arent much skins and mods are very few.
    Personally I dont like it.
    I am the TharkiBaba >_> Oh well thats my websites name -_-

Website's:
    Se7ensins.com
    You haven't heard much then, there are tons of mods and skins for vbulletin.

As for why I don't upgrade to vb4 is if i wanted to downgrade to a ipb look-a-like I would just upgrade to ipb

I know there are but comparing to 3 x versions its very less and u agree with that too.
    Also most of us use the nulled version of vb for which many mods are risky to use.
    I am the TharkiBaba >_> Oh well thats my websites name -_-

vBulletin 4 has quite a few mods with which you can run a forum well. Many number of mods doesn't mean vB3.8 is cool. You can always get custom mods made by someone. As far as I know, there are enough mods with which a forum can look good. All the important ones are there. Few might be missing, they will surely come out soon so just wait for it.

I think you should go with vB4. It looks MUCH better than vB3.8
    I know it looks kinda rip of IPB but still, it's cool.

About skin related issue, can't you get a custom skin done?

Respected Member
    Well to be honest I didn't tried vB4 although as you said previous version were buggy (at least that's what other users said). I think users won't upgrade any time soon (especially boards with ton mods), because most 3.x mods still are not available for 4.x, as for styles, well if you have any basic coding knowledge you can convert style yourself from 3.x to 4.x and many won't even notice it's different vB version. But then again most webmasters here use premade styles, so they will just wait, for styles to get converted for 4.x, for styles to get leaked (or buy them) and then upgrade and install em.

Same thing happened with IPB 3.0 when it got released, many didn't wanted to upgrade, at first.
    Have fitness or bodybuilding question? Ask Smith!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information