Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61357 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Should I act on this, it sounds scary, but it could just be bull...?

Info of site, we don't host the mp3 downloads... from 3rd party websites.
    Hosted in the netherlands has he talks about in the email...
    he contacted me via my contact page instead of my abuse email address.

This may be legit... but even so... do I have to give me my contact info? will he close my site down? is he a total twat?
    regards,
    Mr. X

NAME: Stichting BREIN
    Stichting BREIN (Bescherming Rechten Entertainment Industrie Nederland)
    Siriusdreef 22-28
    2132 WT Hoofddorp

Datum: 10-01-2011
    Betreft: BREIN / http://mp3drug.com
    Ref.nr.: 2011.0013976.A

Dear Sir / Madam,

The BREIN foundation acts against piracy of entertainment content (music, film, computergames and other interactive software) on behalf of rights holders and interested parties such as authors, performing artists, publishers, producers and distributors [1]. Together these rights holders represent the lion?s share of the intellectual property rights on entertainment content worldwide. BREIN takes civil action in the Netherlands against the making available on the internet of files with entertainment content without authorization of these rights holders. In the event that the gravity and extent of the case give cause to it BREIN files a complaint regarding such sites to the relevant authorities for criminal investigation and prosecution.

Through your website \'http://mp3drug.com\' you are providing systematic and structural access to content without the authorization of the copyright and neighbouring rights holders. The website is offering a choice of popular titles in the area of film, music, games and interactive consumer software that are published by the rights holders represented by BREIN and which have not been licensed for distribution through your system. By operating that system which facilitates, enables and participates in the distribution of infringing files, you are acting unlawful and violate the copyrights and neighbouring rights of others, including the rights holders represented by BREIN. This causes extensive damage to rights holders for which you and others involved with the management of the site are liable. As you are operating in full anonimity, BREIN and its rights holders at present are unable to recover damages from you and your organization.

Your actions also constitute a crime punishable under Dutch law. In the event gravity and extent so warrant, the public prosecution may proceed with criminal investigation and prosecution. In the course of such investigation servers and administration may be confiscated and suspects of a crime may be arrested and taken into custody. The maximum punishment for (aiding and abetting) professional infringement is 4 years imprisonment or 67.000 euro fine for natural persons and 670.000 euro for legal entities. In addition the prosecution usually claims the proceeds of the criminal activity. At the same time injured parties can join the criminal action in order to obtain damages or file civil action to claim those. With respect to these criminal actions BREIN emphasizes that these too are not theoretical. The public prosecution has announced such actions and has commenced carrying them out, in particular in cases where in spite of warning by or on behalf of rights holders the suspects have persisted in the organising of large scale infringement.

In the interest of and on behalf of the rights holders represented by BREIN and in order to avoid civil action and/or criminal prosecution, we request you and your organization to cease and desist immediately the abovementioned unlawful activities and to provide us immediately with the official name and geographical address of the entity or person(s) providing the \'mp3drug.com\'
    website.

mr. B. van Ramshorst
    General Counsel
    Juridische Zaken Stichting BREIN
    tel: 0031 (0)23 799 7870
    e-mail: [email protected]

[1] Participating organizations in the BREIN foundation are amongst others the music authors organization
    BumaStemra, the collective rights organization of artists and producers SENA, the Dutch association of producers
    and importers of sound and image carriers NVPI, sections Audio, Video and Interactive, the Dutch publishers
    association NUV, the Dutch association of film distributors NVF, the international association of American film
    producers MPA and the international federation of the phonographic industry IFPI.
    Putin Reviewed by Putin on . Should I act on this, it sounds scary, but it could just be bull...? Info of site, we don't host the mp3 downloads... from 3rd party websites. Hosted in the netherlands has he talks about in the email... he contacted me via my contact page instead of my abuse email address. This may be legit... but even so... do I have to give me my contact info? will he close my site down? is he a total twat? regards, Mr. X >_> Rating: 5

Made by Envee :P

2.   Sponsored Links

"4 years imprisonment or 67.000 euro fine"
    He fails to mention 1 artist in this email

Banned
    Website's:
    FusionWarez.info SmokeHost.net Leechers.co
    It's BREIN. Act on it

"It's BREIN. Act on it "
    So how can I act on it, I personally don't want to go to jail... but also I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm just linking to the content just like BeeMp3. Does this mean BeeMp3 must be also closed down ffs :-\

Brein took down 300mbunited a few weeks ago ::::

But... if I get requests from artists, I take the songs down... so why they telling me off

Website's:
    StudentSharez.com
    what is your webhost?
    Offshore-host.blogspot.com - List of DMCA flexible webhosts.
    StudentSharez.com - Medical ebooks and lectures.

If I move to host in USA or some other place... will I be able to get off the hook?

I use leasewEB

Website's:
    NoSeriously.org
    You'd be in deeper shit if you move to USA

Reply on their eMail. Tell them that you're not hosting any .mp3 files on your hosting account which location is Netherlands. Explain them how a search engine works, and tell them nicely that you won't do anything regarding their complaint, as if you wanted to do anything you'd have to close down Website. As they haven't mentioned any particular artist.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information