So I talked to the "Wordpress support gurus" and they can't seem to help, so I decided to take the problem to the real geniuses, the guys on ***

Anyway, bought a domain on Namecheap, bought the baby plan on scorpiohost, and i did not use Fantastico deluxe to install wordpress on my site.

It said it installed correctly, and the next step was to go to mydomain(dot)com/wp-admin

I did that and the following error showed up:

Written form (if you can't see the picture):
Server Error in Application "PARK YOUR DOMAIN CMS"
Internet Information Services 7.5
Error Summary
HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Detailed Error Information
Module IIS Web Core
Notification MapRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070002
Requested URL
Physical Path C:\Websites\Park Your Domain\CmsWeb\wp-admin
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous
Most likely causes:
The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.
The URL contains a typographical error.
A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.

I installed in the root directory, and I know that I am trying to access the right file. Whats going on?
kashane Reviewed by kashane on . 404.0 Error Installing wordpress....any help? So I talked to the "Wordpress support gurus" and they can't seem to help, so I decided to take the problem to the real geniuses, the guys on ***:) Anyway, bought a domain on Namecheap, bought the baby plan on scorpiohost, and i did not use Fantastico deluxe to install wordpress on my site. It said it installed correctly, and the next step was to go to mydomain(dot)com/wp-admin I did that and the following error showed up: http://uploadpix.org/images/wperror.png Rating: 5