Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62890 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Banned

Default Business Model Of a Scam Host And how to avoid them.

Hello,
    Ok so im getting fedup of all these scam hosts, so i thought what the hell, ill post the model so even joe blogs the newbie knows the signs and can hopefully avoid this type of host.

FACT #1 - With ONLY $32 or LESS Any kid can start a scam host...

Business Model:
    Basic Costs:
    Domain: $8
    Reseller: $8 or less.
    WHMCS: $16
    Total Month 1: $32
    Total Month 2: $24 (if its even around for a second month)

The Complete Guide to Running a scam host
    1. Spend the $32 On Domain, Reseller and whmcs
    2. Upload the files
    3. Copy and paste someone elses post (Real Example: http://www.besthostingforums.com/showthread.php?t=82430)
    4. Start selling hosting.
    5. Promise customers the world, offer discounts do it as cheap as possible who cares you are here today gone tomorrow.
    6. Make $$$$$, and bank the $56 investment.
    7. Close down keeping everyones money...
    8. Rinse and repeat.

Real Life Example
    1. Snowflake (http://www.besthostingforums.com/sea...archid=1012183)
    Prewebhosts.info
    DiamondSRV.org
    CrazySRV.com

How do YOU AVOID Scammers like Snowflake?

1. ITS SIMPLE, Remember the old saying "You get what you pay for" well its true, you go for cheap hosting on a .info domain and you will get scammed 99% of the time.

2. Remember If someone is promosing you the world then they probably cannot deliver the basics.

3. Go to DomainTools.com, if the hosting company is say CrazySRV.com, and they are not using the name servers ns1.CrazySRV.com, it screams reseller which in this day and age usually means scammer although not always.

4. Again on DomainTools.com look at the age of the domain, if the age is a few weeks or a month then be careful now everyone has to start somewhere and some who are registered last month or yesterday may not be a scam but most are sadly and it should ring alarm bells.

5. Again on domain tools check the "Resolve Host:" Again if it has another hosts infomation then Reseller should be screaming at you, which should sound alarm bells.

Now im not saying Reseller = scam but reseller should alarm you becuase it is a cheap way to start up, and you want quality hosting, and sadly even if the reseller has the best intentions, they cannot really offer you good service with a reseller as they have NO control over the server.

6. Check the host you are planning to buy from http://www.besthostingforums.com/showthread.php?t=82280 or GOOGLE THE NAME AND READ REVIEWS.
    delboy Reviewed by delboy on . Business Model Of a Scam Host And how to avoid them. Hello, Ok so im getting fedup of all these scam hosts, so i thought what the hell, ill post the model so even joe blogs the newbie knows the signs and can hopefully avoid this type of host. FACT #1 - With ONLY $32 or LESS Any kid can start a scam host... Business Model: Basic Costs: Domain: $8 Reseller: $8 or less. WHMCS: $16 Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    delboy, i believe snowflakes threads where deleted im not 100% sure

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DLow View Post
    delboy, i believe snowflakes threads where deleted im not 100% sure
    Yes Jason has shut Snowflake out of KWWHunction for now, but its not just him.. his brother (if it was his brother and not him!) could use the same business model and be back here tomorrow, i figured it would be more effective to try and educate people rather then the hosts just get banned after everyone has lost there money.

Who knows maybe this thread might stop someone being scammed...

Excellent thread delboy, great to see experienced users helping those who aren't that much experienced in the field of the Interwebz.

Also, if a hosting company isn't using custom name servers like: "ns.companyname.com", "ns2.companyname.com", they might be using some premium DNS management service which allows them more features than the regular one.

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    Im sure it will Delboy, You can never be too safe now a days especially with all the kids here within our community.

Well, when i started my first warez forum 5 years back i used a pretty new hosting which i got from dp but the guy was really helpful. my luck though somehow after that i got scammed couple of times spending for worthless hosting.
    The One And Only Pathetic Scamming Kid I Ever Seen In My KWWH Life -->> EnCiPh3r

Website's:
    ihide.info experthide.com hideonthe.net
    @delboy

Snowflake has no brothers. He is lieing to try to cover up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Also, if a hosting company isn't using custom name servers like: "ns.companyname.com", "ns2.companyname.com", they might be using some premium DNS management service which allows them more features than the regular one.
    Yes true Jason, Motionite.com is a good example of an exception to 3&5... they use dynadot.com name servers and host there main site on what appears to be knownsrv.com vps, i assume to ensure their main site is up even if there Ukraine,Turkey and Lithuania go down... which should ensure that if there main site is down it shouldent be down at the same time as any of there clients sites...

It should be fairly easy to spot, if they are hosting there main site sepearely (e.g. like Motionite.com), and if they are a reseller or not even though rule 3/5 applies, namely if it says
    "Reverse IP: 79 websites use this address" and not "Reverse IP: 1 website use this address", But again there another exceptions, if the reseller pays for a dedicated ip for there custom name servers...

(Note: i mention Motionite as an exception becuase they seem reliable and they seem to have servers and knowledge, so potentually even though they technically meet rule 3/5, it is not applicable to them becuase they are not some child reseller..)

Quote Originally Posted by JoomlaZ View Post
    my luck though somehow after that i got scammed couple of times spending for worthless hosting.
    Yep we have all been scammed at one time or another...

Quote Originally Posted by Forgiven View Post
    Snowflake has no brothers. He is lieing to try to cover up
    Yes i thought so which is why i put "(if it was his brother and not him!)" in brackets

Thread Information