Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62572 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default What to choose? Pay-per-download OR Pay-per-sale.

Pay-per-download OR Pay-per-sale?

Hello,
    I gave this thought a long ,ong way and came to that how do people earn from pay-per-sale. How can your file get lucky with all those 1000s of files out there with the same stuff. Hey I am not talking about the owning of the website. Things get certainly easy that way. But what about others who don't have a site and are dependent on posting to warez, DLE and in whatever they like to?
    I am one of them. After trying my luck for almost 2-years I give up on this thing. So please advice me and share here some of your valuable tips and tricks so that to choose which of them and why? You see everything happens for a reason so your WHYs are necessary.

WHICH IS MORE PROFITABLE? AND WHY?
    alwaysfun Reviewed by alwaysfun on . What to choose? Pay-per-download OR Pay-per-sale. Pay-per-download OR Pay-per-sale? Hello, I gave this thought a long ,ong way and came to that how do people earn from pay-per-sale. How can your file get lucky with all those 1000s of files out there with the same stuff. Hey I am not talking about the owning of the website. Things get certainly easy that way. But what about others who don't have a site and are dependent on posting to warez, DLE and in whatever they like to? I am one of them. After trying my luck for almost 2-years I give Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Depends on what and where you post. I presume you are talking about filesonic pps vs ppd. But generally people earn more with PPS

Do you know what "Baby Boom" is?

From Wikipedia:
    "A baby boom is any period marked by a greatly increased birth rate."

Now let's change the term to "Premium Boom".

Whenever a new service shows up, the first users to offer files through that service will get sales, because people buy stuff - We are very materialistic creatures.

And this explains why in every file host, all the affiliates see a dramatic decrease in the sales earnings - It's because the "Baby Boom" had passed them. If you arrived too late, you won't make any sales, at least not as many as you would wish to make.

For example, I can tell you that Wupload is experiencing their "Baby Boom" as we speak, although it also might be too late to join in. And an important notion to make is, not all hosts have these Booms, some are just plain bad and as an affiliate you just made the wrong choice.

That's for PPS.

If you are asking about PPD, I don't know, never did it, but I can tell you that today I made a sale with Filesonic. A Lifetime sale, which could have got me 120$ if I was on the 80% PPS and not on the 12$ Fixed PPS. Can you make these amounts on a PPD? I can hardly think so. And that's just me, an average uploader

Filesonic's BOOM was gigantic. People made stupendous amounts of money on a daily basis.

And now to my most important principle that I think will explain your question on the "what makes your files more special than the similar 1000 out there?" - Well, as you know, the world goes round, and people grow and become old and die, and young people take their place. Every day, a new man opens up Google for the first time and types "warez forum" or what have you, and he sees a website called Warez-BB for the first time. Yes, it happens everyday, and this is a part of the world spinning around and time moving forward.

I wish you the best of luck.

@Chugi: Damn man, what a theory. The last para was like a climax of the never-ending sci-fi based movie. It immersed me.
    Yes you right bro..So whats after Wupload and Filesonic. Which is going to be the POPULAR enough host. Can you predict?

I believe the choice depends on the content you distribute and the audience it is aimed for.

If your content is unique and you can be sure that users will purchase premiums to get it, then choose PPS.

If the content is far from unique, and will be downloaded by both regular and casual users, then PPD alternative would work better.

Every partner has his own logics and strategy.
    Working for myself only
    Filehosts: FileSonic, Uploading, used to like Hotfile...

Well, I can tell you that imho all the users will be forever faithful to Rapidshare and Megaupload.

You can see that many of hosts emerged in the last few months and only a few managed to stay on top, and these are Filesonic and Oron, can't think of more..Uploaded.to, x7, Netload and the rest - People barely use links for them, but they are still visible because some uploaders stay faithful to their hosts.

I think WUpload will do good, not as filesonic though - Which is VERY popular and I don't think you can find a link for something on the net that is not on Filesonic.

Probation
    I think sometimes name matter. For example, filesonic is more easy to say than wupload. What u say?

I think PPD is generally best for forums and PPS is best for websites that you own.
    I think I had 0 sales from forums with filesonic and ~1 sale / 200 downloads on my own website.

Think filesonic accounts should sell really good on own websites also becouse the users can use it for more than just the content on the website.

Hey Chugi is back. Welcome back pow

For the topic :

For now, I got sale everyday but I'm still in PPD because I get more in PPD (average earning). To answer your question, you need to watch and learn from your stat. It will tell you that which file make good sale. Then you need to test by upload that kind of files.

PPD or PPS?

This is easy part, just do math. Like I said, I'm still on PPD event though I make sale almost everyday.

Own website or not?

It doesn't matter. Many website owner doesn't make a good sale. Luck is one of the factor but not all. Your kind of file, Where you post, How you post etc. Everything is important.

Banana of the neighbor's house is always delicious.

try both, see what u get more at and change later, it need 3 days only if u on WUPLOAD
    "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"
    -audrey Hepburn -

Thread Information