Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6796 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Does it matter where you buy your domain name from?

Hi,

I'm planning to start a warez blog, and my question is whether it matters where I buy my domain name from. I mean is it safe to get it with my main Namecheap account that has all my personal details, or is there a better way of purchasing domains for shadier purposes?

Thanks!
    sackboy127 Reviewed by sackboy127 on . Does it matter where you buy your domain name from? Hi, I'm planning to start a warez blog, and my question is whether it matters where I buy my domain name from. I mean is it safe to get it with my main Namecheap account that has all my personal details, or is there a better way of purchasing domains for shadier purposes? Thanks! Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Nope. VeriSign manages .com and .net, while ICANN (IANA) manages other extensions. NameCheap is just accredited registrar, nothing else. But if you want to use the account only for the warez domain, I'd suggest you to create a fake PayPal account, load it with enough cash, purchase the domain for 5 years, and make automatic whois guard subscription. Should be enough.

Thread Information