Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6821 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Tips for new forums?

Hi, i just made a new forums, im still adding stuff and changing settings little by little but what are some tips to get users, and start getting activity on the forums?
    I heard somewhere that you should make a couple fake accounts and comment and post stuff on your own posts or create posts with them.
    Anyways all tips are welcomed as im a new webmaster
    After i start getting members ill be looking for some mods but ill make a separate thread on that.
    thecompgame Reviewed by thecompgame on . Tips for new forums? Hi, i just made a new forums, im still adding stuff and changing settings little by little but what are some tips to get users, and start getting activity on the forums? I heard somewhere that you should make a couple fake accounts and comment and post stuff on your own posts or create posts with them. Anyways all tips are welcomed as im a new webmaster :D After i start getting members ill be looking for some mods but ill make a separate thread on that. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    pixbucket.in
    its techl33t.com??

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Warez View Post
    its techl33t.com??
    Yeeeeeep

Website's:
    pixbucket.in
    So its technology related.You will get forum activity by time.Its not like warez where there is spam.If you offer and guides you will need quality stuff and trustworth.

Btw if i were you i would use WP as portal and a forum for discussion

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Warez View Post
    So its technology related.You will get forum activity by time.Its not like warez where there is spam.If you offer and guides you will need quality stuff and trustworth.

Btw if i were you i would use WP as portal and a forum for discussion
    What i might do is use the blog thing that comes with VB as a side thing and all the tuts will be posted in both the forums and the VB blog.
    Once i get a couple members and a little bit of activity ill tell me from my youtube channel to join it.
    Hopefully i can build from there.

Website's:
    pixbucket.in
    Tech related videos in youtube get a lot of views.WP as a portal is great for SEO if you put tech related stuff.Your articles can cover Apple iOS (iphone,ipod) and Android.As most people want such articles/guides.How to install,upgrade,jailbreak etc etc.And integrate it with a forum post where people can discuss.or in comments.

Thread Information