Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
63284 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    Elite.SO Defendos.com Motionite.com

Default PayPal Strange Issue :|

Hey,

I got a strange issue with PayPal. A client ordered a VPS with me, WHMCS didn't marked the invoice as Paid so I did it manually. Then I got an email from PayPal about an Unauthorized Payment. (A payment received without senders permissions.) which is fucking weird.
    / Note that the money that the buyer paid is BLOCKED and removed from my balance.

So I checked the dispute, and there were 2 options to resolve this.
    1. I already refunded the buyer (you will need to enter the transaction ID.)
    2. I will refund the buyer (you will be redirected to the refund page.)

So this actually means I have to pay my CLIENT?

Money Received - Dispute Opened - Money Blocked - Resolve the Dispute by paying another SAME amount of money. So the client receives the payment twice!

Thanks

Edit: Contact PayPal already.
    l0calh0st Reviewed by l0calh0st on . PayPal Strange Issue :| Hey, I got a strange issue with PayPal. A client ordered a VPS with me, WHMCS didn't marked the invoice as Paid so I did it manually. Then I got an email from PayPal about an Unauthorized Payment. (A payment received without senders permissions.) which is fucking weird. / Note that the money that the buyer paid is BLOCKED and removed from my balance. So I checked the dispute, and there were 2 options to resolve this. 1. I already refunded the buyer (you will need to enter the Rating: 5

Defendos BETA3 Released! Thread - Official Website

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    wautoposter.com
    i recommend always use verify paypal
    wait 24 hour then give detail and sent detail on verify paypal email only not sent detail on whmcs registered email

Paypal sucks, I as a seller have been fucked by them because of credit card disputes. Someone bought something worth $10 from me and they opened a dispute with their credit card issuer. Paypal took away the $10 + $22 for the service of having to deal with the issuer
    No protection for sellers.
    Making money on VideoBB - Recruiting (PM me)

Website's:
    I have a verified PayPal.

Website's:
    wautoposter.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Paypal sucks, I as a seller have been fucked by them because of credit card disputes. Someone bought something worth $10 from me and they opened a dispute with their credit card issuer. Paypal took away the $10 + $22 for the service of having to deal with the issuer
    No protection for sellers.
    if you get fund from verify paypal your fund will safe they cant open credit card Unauthorized case

Website's:
    wautoposter.com
    Quote Originally Posted by l0calh0st View Post
    I have a verified PayPal.
    your client have verify paypal ?

Website's:
    Nope, I don't know.

Website's:
    imageditings.com shimory.com uniquerelease.com
    You should wait 4~8hour before approve the payment to avoid from fraud

It begins...
    Lol, the refund option will not deduct your money. It'll simply reverse the blocked payment back to the buyer's PP account.

Website's:
    epicimagehost.com
    Happened to me all the time.
    Just mail the client ( use the email paypal provides ) and ask if the payment was indeed unintentional. If it was the account was probably hacked, and you should refund. Don't forget to suspend the client in WHMCS.

You can find the email in the transaction log on PayPal. ( There you can also see if it's a verified paypal account.)

I wouldn't recommend receiving money from only verified paypal accounts tho. Since a lot of people that purchase hosting, wants to do so anonymously and thus with unverified paypal accounts.

Edit:
    And as Lifetalk said; refund doesn't lower your balance since you didn't even receive the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information