Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61237 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    ihide.info

Default Polish lawmakers wear Guy Fawkes masks to protest ACTA

Polish lawmakers wear Guy Fawkes masks to protest ACTA
    By John Callaham

While the fight against the SOPA and PIPA bills in the US Congress has taken a bit of a breather, new protests have sprug up over the international Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA). Like SOPA and PIPA, ACTA was written in part to try to combat online piracy but opponents have claimed the act is too broadly written and will result in blocked web sites.

The agreement has already been signed by a number of countries, including the US. However, there's been a growing movement by a number of people to try to stop more countries from getting on board ACTA. It's been the most active in Poland where street protests against ACTA in that country have happened earlier this week.

TechDirt reports that despite the protests, Poland's government signed onto ACTA on Thursday. In perhaps the strangest protest of all, a number of Poland's lawmakers decided to don Guy Fawkes masks in Parliament to protest the vote. These masks have become well known as one of the symbols of the hacker group Anonymous. The group has been busy launching cyber attacks on a number of web sites in the past week, in part to protest laws and agreements such as ACTA.

ACTA opponents are not likely done yet with their protests as the agreement still has to be ratified by the EU's Parliament.
    ShareShiz Reviewed by ShareShiz on . Polish lawmakers wear Guy Fawkes masks to protest ACTA Polish lawmakers wear Guy Fawkes masks to protest ACTA By John Callaham Rating: 5
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    Nerdy-Tutorials.com Mp3viddown.com Filmlab.eu
    the guy on the phone without the mask fucked it up for everyone

edited
    Roses are Red,
    Violets are blue,
    I have five fingers
    The middle ones for you

Website's:
    ihide.info
    Quote Originally Posted by ibby View Post
    the guy on the phone without the mask fucked it up for everyone
    ya i was thinking of editing the pic having an arrow pointed at him saying fag or something
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

They are oposition party, trying to capitalize on mass protests that are occuring in country. Today their party leader came to demonstration in front of president's palace but got kicked out by football hooligans that were protesting there as well ( protests aganist ACTA really united people over here, just like in '89, we have people from completely different circles, united. Imagine anarchists walking arm-to-arm with right-wings together on protest.), also - it's bloody cold here right now - up to -20 degrees celsius (no idea how it converts to farenheit - american people need to convert it themselves), yet despite this streets are full on demonstrations.

Website's:
    iFunMaza.com
    its too late for them i guess, as the article suggest that Poland has already signed the ACTA. anyhow i wish atleast 235+ Countries not to sign the BIll.

FB - http://www.facebook.com/IfunMaza
    Twitter - twitter.com/#!/iFunMaza

Website's:
    oulee.com ouleehosting.com litespeedhosting.co.uk ddosprotectedhosting.co.uk radiohost.co.uk windowshosting.im
    I also read that news. They look like "V" on V for Vendetta.

Thread Information