Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62780 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    wznetwork.com

Default Need a disclaimer & Question

I'm going to be running a nulled IPB forum providing applications, movies, and music. Any pointers on a disclaimer? Should I just have a DMCA Policy thread and leave it at that?

Also, my question is: The money I make with adbrite, legally am I suppose to file taxes? I'm a U.S. citizen.
    d3monic Reviewed by d3monic on . Need a disclaimer & Question I'm going to be running a nulled IPB forum providing applications, movies, and music. Any pointers on a disclaimer? Should I just have a DMCA Policy thread and leave it at that? Also, my question is: The money I make with adbrite, legally am I suppose to file taxes? I'm a U.S. citizen. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Honestly it depends on where your site is hosted mostly, it really doesn't matter where you live unless/until your site actually gets shut down. If you host in US/UK/Canada/Germany or similar countries, I'd definitely have some sort of DMCA/removal policy. Katz DMCA policy would be fine, It's posted somewhere here on the forum, but honestly unless your forum gets REALLY big, you don't need any type of outright "policy"; just remove any threads you get a DMCA about.

Nulled IPB complaint I've never dealt with, but with vBulletin they either require you remove the forum script completely, or buy a license, though that's all depending on where you host/depending on your host's policy.

Legally you need to file taxes on it, I suppose you could use a fake name or something, It's not really going to matter unless you're making alot of revenue (I'd say more than $100USD/year) with the ads, but technically if you don't file I'd say it's illegal (not a lawyer though so don't take my word). You could easily avoid those problems by finding someone outside the US to put the AdBrite in their name.

Website's:
    wznetwork.com
    Okay, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by d3monic View Post
    I'm going to be running a nulled IPB forum providing applications, movies, and music. Any pointers on a disclaimer? Should I just have a DMCA Policy thread and leave it at that?

Also, my question is: The money I make with adbrite, legally am I suppose to file taxes? I'm a U.S. citizen.
    Yeah, that's fine. I just have a DMCA notice on my warez site and haven't had any problems.

You don't have to file taxes in the US if you make less than $600 a year. If you make more than that, you should file them. I've made well over that in my online ventures, and I haven't filed taxes. I may get fined down the road, but oh well. It's hard to keep track of every dollar.

But an advantage of filing taxes is that you can write off any expenses such as; hosting bills, domains, etc. and get that money back in your tax returns.

A smart idea is to register your own LLC company and get a business tax id. It cost about $600 to register an LLC (Limited Liability Company for those of you, who don't know).

Website's:
    wznetwork.com
    I already got a LLC and tax id number...i was just curious about taxes...like, I don't know how to do them lol.

EDIT; LLC's in my state only cost $99.

I Know I'm Grave Digging...But Thanks Answered My Question ;-)

Respected Member
    First off. You will be running a warez site. Anyway you look at it you are doing wrong. A fancy disclaimer is a waste of space on your site. Forget the DMCA section too. Your host will forward them to you.

Thread Information