Hello,

I need help from you guys.

This morning I found out my website is down cuz my host got some problem. Finally my website is back again after my hosting company fixed it. (Of course, the down time is caused by the hosting company, sometimes their server just out of service...)

I hope someone can help me, I have few question:

Q1. How can I make my Back-up website "Immediately" to replace my "Original Site" when it is down.

Q2. How can I use the Back-up website without changing the Original Domain and Path, in the other words, visitors can still use the same web address/link to visit my site, the only difference of back-up is it using another Hosting. (All link path of my website content are remain the same, cuz I don't want to inform my users that "my site is down...here is the new link of my backup site...so you guys have to use the new links till my original site come back......)

Q3. I know to change server name on my Domain Panel, it can direct the domain to my new host, but it always take 2~3days to perform it. Is it possible to direct my domain to my back-up host "Immediately" or at least within "1 hour"?

Below are my website info:

Language: PHP
Server System: Linux
Hosting: Dreamhost
Domain: Godaddy

Thank you!
fuchen Reviewed by fuchen on . How can I make my Back-up website "Immediately" to replace my "Original Site"?? Hello, I need help from you guys. This morning I found out my website is down cuz my host got some problem. Finally my website is back again after my hosting company fixed it. (Of course, the down time is caused by the hosting company, sometimes their server just out of service...) I hope someone can help me, I have few question: Q1. How can I make my Back-up website "Immediately" to replace my "Original Site" when it is down. Rating: 5