Today I buyed a domain @godaddy, and few hours later i received this email:

Update [Incident ID: ********] - ACTION REQUIRED: Order verification for Go Daddy account ********

ccinquiries@godaddy.com to me

Our support staff has responded to your request, details of which are described below:

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response
Thank you for being our valued customer. Our verification office is currently reviewing your recent transaction(s) for one or more of the following reasons:

• Discrepancies have been identified between billing information provided to us by the purchaser and data currently on record with the financial institution.
• Incomplete, invalid or false billing/registrant information was provided by purchaser.
• Someone other than the payment method account holder may have made the purchase.
• Transaction origin differs from the listed billing locale and/or payment method origin.

We are attempting to validate this recent purchase activity. Our goal is to reasonably ensure that the owner of the payment method has authorized the purchase(s). Please have the payment method account holder provide us a clear, legible copy of his/her government-issued, valid photo identification, such as a driver's license or passport. If we do not receive the requested documentation within the next 48 hours, your order(s) may be cancelled for your protection.

A scanned image (under 1 MB in size) can be attached as a response to this message, or faxed to:

(480) 287-8003
Attention: Fraud Department

Upon receipt and verification, we will notate your account that the necessary documentation to substantiate your account has been received. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
Fraud Department

I don't know why this is for... Also I can notice, when I was purchasing domain, I wasn't asked for CVV number, just number of card, and expiration date, but transaction passed smootly...
Cojba Reviewed by Cojba on . Problem with godaddy.com Today I buyed a domain @godaddy, and few hours later i received this email: Update - ACTION REQUIRED: Order verification for Go Daddy account ******** ccinquiries@godaddy.com to me Our support staff has responded to your request, details of which are described below: Discussion Notes Support Staff Response Rating: 5