Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62981 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PayPal - Scammed?

I'm not very clued up on PayPals terms and conditions so I have a question to ask you all...

Say if I bought a Server which cost around 150$ and I got a real bad service/permanant downtime, or if the server company never gave me what I paid for..

Would I be able to get my money back?

Is there anyway to secure that I will get my money back or is it definitely gone?

Because I definitely don't want to be 150$, get scammed and lose my money..

I heard it was best to have the money in my bank account and for paypal to take it out of there, because then if PayPal don't refund me my bank will.. Is that true?

Thanks,

Faithfully,

- Sp32
    Sp32 Reviewed by Sp32 on . PayPal - Scammed? I'm not very clued up on PayPals terms and conditions so I have a question to ask you all... Say if I bought a Server which cost around 150$ and I got a real bad service/permanant downtime, or if the server company never gave me what I paid for.. Would I be able to get my money back? Is there anyway to secure that I will get my money back or is it definitely gone? Because I definitely don't want to be 150$, get scammed and lose my money.. Rating: 5

So kiss me and smile for me, say that you'll wait for me <'3

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    Depending on the data center, No you would not

Most Data centers will refund you if you can provide proof that there was downtime,bad service.

May i ask which Data Center you went through ?

I haven't actually been scammed I am just seeing if I'd get my money back in case worst comes to worst (As it usually does online) and I see a lot of threads about people getting ripped off so I want to cover myself..

Would I be able to open up a dispute and get my money back that way?

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    You could open a dispute, But if it is an actual data center usually they do not offer refunds for Dedicated Servers since it involves actual labor did you read there terms of service before purchasing and i will ask agian may i know the host Sp32 ?

I haven't bought anything I'm just considering starting up a new business plan which will require an expensive dedicated server.

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    Ah sorry i've been up for a while i misread the first part of your thread here, But yeah as i said just make sure to actually contact a data center before hand read there AUP/TOS
    make sure you are confident before making a purchase a good thing to look for is live chat, phone number so you know its not a kid just reselling servers we have a lot of those around here.

Ah lol, I'm still up on coffee...

So basically someone could pretend to be a server company, sell me a fake service, not provide me with any login details and I get left with no ways of getting my money back?

Website's:
    NoSeriously.org
    Buy directly from a Data Center instead of resellers.

Website's:
    tufos.net
    I had a bad experience with Spacerich.com for legal sites.. I bought their most expensive VPS based on several good/positive comments on WebHostingTalk.

Got fucked. Lost all traffic of my clientes. Opened a dispute on PayPal with lots of screenshots, chat support logs everything that would proof my legitimate of a refund.

Their decision? Spacerich was 'correct' and my payment is unrefundable.

I dunno about PayPal actions in other cases.. but this was my bad one

Thanks Aish,

Sorry to hear about that, that's obviously really unfortunate for you,

This is why I don't want to spend a large amount of money..

I am just wondering if I used my credit card in my PayPal and went to my bank company if I got ripped off and if they'd refund it for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information