Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62491 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Website's:
    PlaySongs.me
    OMG , i don't wanna live in this planet anymore .

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    Quote Originally Posted by dreammagic View Post
    Seems so interesting in my mind.
    @foxman : The system works just like the supermarket.You upload a file, and define the price for it, example $1 for a pdf, you received 40 cents and fileshoppe got 60 cents.Correct me if I'm wrong
    In a way yes. Our fees are entirely dependent on file size and they remain static for now. We will have to see if the fee structure is viable but certainly the fees will remain low so that content provider can retain most of their earnings.

As I mentioned in the previous post, we also offer 'free' downloads, similar to other file hosts, of which earnings are shared 80:20 between the host (us) and the content provider.

It is perfectly possible to earn in excesss of 99% of the total earnings in our system.

3.   Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by FShoppe View Post
    What is your merchant ID? It is not the same as your Facebook email... Your merchant ID should look like: DHFD-HFGD-JDHF-KJLD

And by that I mean 16 charachters. You can enter it with or without the '-'
    Yep - i've entered that kind of ID and was told that it's invalid.Maybe others will have better luck.I 've tryied maybe some 4-5 times but due my damn lazyness i stopped.Maybe i'm just too old but IMHO things must run somehow bit more smoothly.Gotta change my nick into LazyBastard or similar.Cheers.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NightMare View Post
    OMG , i don't wanna live in this planet anymore .
    I will join you very soon i guess

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Ok, Now I am understanding it, quite unique I must say.
    Yes we have a totally different approach.

We see a number of flaws in the existing file host model.

1. Content providers are paid per 1000 downloads. How can the content provider be sure the host is being honest with regards to the number of downloads, or where they originate? With FileShoppe, you can see in the source code your own merchant ID and can be sure you will recieve your fare share!

2. Downloaders do not need to sign up with FileShoppe to use the premium service. Premium service is accessible for just a few cents and can be used just once if desired.

3. Content providers must wait for a payout with normal file hosts. As funds are paid directly, and instantly, you do not need to wait. Trust is never an issue with FileShoppe. No monthly fees, no complicated payout structure. You sell your goods, and you get the fees. Simple! The way it should be!

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by operauser View Post
    Yep - i've entered that kind of ID and was told that it's invalid.Maybe others will have better luck.I 've tryied maybe some 4-5 times but due my damn lazyness i stopped.Maybe i'm just too old but IMHO things must run somehow bit more smoothly.Gotta change my nick into LazyBastard or similar.Cheers.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

I will join you very soon i guess
    Send me a PM with your merchant ID. I will have a look for you.

Hmmmm... this is interesting.

Website's:
    WallpaperDigest.com
    Servers are located in US & HK? Are you guys not worried after the demise of Megaupload and Filesonic?
    (\__/)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( > <)

Website's:
    iawphone.com
    HK Server: Upload speed's so slow
    US Server: Can not connect

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    Why? We are not advocating the use of our service to distribute copyright material and we will follow proper DMCA procedures.

Our system is primarily intended to facilitate online sales of digital goods. Not as a 'sharing' tool. Though if setting a price of $0, it can be used to share just the same.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Hello Jackiebi,

Unless you are in HK or China, it is likely the HK server WILL be slow. We would definitly recommend the use of our US based servers for most users as they are all hosted on Gbit lines.

What problems are you having connecting to the US server? Have you enabled ACTIVE as our servers require ACTIVE mode FTP transfer.

Interesting model.
    how do the downloaders pay ? do they need a carrotpay account as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by FShoppe View Post
    How do you mean complex? It is actually very simple! At least, we think so.

We have a simple fee structure, which is $0.01 per 100MB ($0.10 per GB) with a minimum charge of $0.01.

Example:

1MB file = $0.01
    10MB file = $0.01
    100MB file = $0.01
    1GB file = $0.10

We also alow for fractions of a cent.

So 350MB = $0.035
    1.05GB = 1050MB = $0.105

These are OUR fees.

Imagine you are content provider (uploader). If you upload a file and set a price of $0. The file will be freely available to downloaders, just as you see with normal file hosts now. However, the downloader will have the option to download using the premium service using the above fee structure. Content providers will recieve 20% of the value of the sale. Meaning $0.01 sale will result in the content provider recieving $0.002.

However, we allow content providers to set a price on their files. So if you set a price of $1.00 on a 1GB file, you will recieve $0.90. However, in doing so, FREE download becomes unavailable for that file.

It does get MORE complicated with our 'sharer' scheme, but this is not fully released yet.

If you require further clarification, please let us know!
    if an uploader kept a price 0 for 1gb file
    so the user can download file freely wats the benefit of an uploader
    is it he will gets 0.020
    so final for 1000dls we will get 20$ that to above 1gb
    so is there any tiers in this

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information