Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62608 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

mmm mmm!

Default FTC Fines RockYou $250,000 For Storing User Data In Plain Text

You probably don't remember the RockYou fiasco as it happened in late 2009. In case you don't, social game developer RockYou suffered a serious SQL injection flaw on its flagship website. Worse, the company was storing user details in plain text. As a result, tens of millions of login details, including those belonging to minors, were stolen and published online. Now, RockYou has finally settled with the Federal Trade Commission.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/f...ain-text/11274
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . FTC Fines RockYou $250,000 For Storing User Data In Plain Text You probably don't remember the RockYou fiasco as it happened in late 2009. In case you don't, social game developer RockYou suffered a serious SQL injection flaw on its flagship website. Worse, the company was storing user details in plain text. As a result, tens of millions of login details, including those belonging to minors, were stolen and published online. Now, RockYou has finally settled with the Federal Trade Commission. Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

JGM
    Why hasn't the same thing happened with Sony then when they were hacked? All the logins were again stored in a non-encrypted fashion?

JGM.

•     
    mmm mmm!
    "As a refresher, here were the top 10 passwords used by RockYou users: 123456 12345 123456789 Password iloveyou princess rockyou 1234567 12345678 abc123" Very original!
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

• Thread Information