Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62783 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Banned

Default actual speed for a 100mbps port

what is the actual transfer speed of a 100 mbps server? let's say i'll have some files transfered from it to another server with 1gbps connection in the same location, what actual speeds will i get?
    warrantfoster Reviewed by warrantfoster on . actual speed for a 100mbps port what is the actual transfer speed of a 100 mbps server? let's say i'll have some files transfered from it to another server with 1gbps connection in the same location, what actual speeds will i get? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    xsl.tel xsltel.com
    12 MB/s.......

Banned
    so it is really a very big difference from 1gbps server, isn't it? transferring 100 files at the same time on a 100mbps server is 10 times slower than doing it on a 1gbps?

Website's:
    itleech.com fixdownloads.com downtoolz.com itcoder.us
    divide it by 8 !

100/8 = 12.something
    Signature too big, removed by Staff

Website's:
    managedhybrid.com
    10Mbps= 1.25MB/s
    100Mbps=12.5MB/s
    1000Mbps=125.0MB/s

Note: That whatever port you are in you will never reach 100% all the time. Because the reason is once you hit past 85%+ constantly on any server there will be packet loss. If you are on a load-balance 1Gbps+ or 10Gbps+ then you will never see much of that

If you are transferring files from a 100Mbps to a 1000Mbps you will go 12.5MB/s.
    If you are transferring files from a 1000Mbps to a 100Mbps you will go 12.5MB/s.
    If you are transferring files from a 1000Mbps to a 1000Mbps you will go 125.0MB/s

Note: That "you will go 12.5MB/s or 125.0MB/s" only if your disks are able to substain that speed not burst.

Website's:
    EastsideHosting.com MediaONAIR.com ImgWiz.com cPadmin.net EastsidePCWorks.com HostedTalk.com
    Only time I'm using 100 Mbps again if it's 'Dedicated Premium Bandwidth' as for now on my shared hosting and resellers 100 Mbps doesn't cut anymore as it's a shared network, therefore I'm now running 1 Gbps, nice and fast.
    EastsideHosting - (Web Hosting, Proxy Hosting, Reseller Program)
    MediaONAIR - (SHOUTcast Servers, ICEcast Servers, Reseller Program)
    Server Administrator - (Dedicated Servers, VPS Management, One Time Services)
    ImgWiz - (Free Image Hosting)

Thread Information